Bus Pirate 5 auto build: main branch

@grymoire - is this issue still ongoing? Sorry, I didn’t notice the posts in this thread.

Yes. It’s still a problem. I just installed the lasted main firmware, connected to the BP, typed “#”, and I was unable to reconnect to the BP unless I reboot my Linux laptop.

I’ve been looking at the system logs. When I can connect, I see mtp-probe indicate this


10:08:57 mtp-probe: checking bus 1, device 7: "/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2"
10:08:57 mtp-probe: bus: 1, device: 7 was not an MTP device
10:08:59 systemd-udevd[3538]: sda: Process '/usr/bin/unshare -m /usr/bin/snap auto-import --mount=/\
dev/sda' failed with exit code 1.
10:09:01 systemd-udevd[3554]: sda1: Process '/usr/bin/unshare -m /usr/bin/snap auto-import --mount=\
/dev/sda1' failed with exit code 1.
10:09:01 udisksd[789]: Mounted /dev/sda1 at /media/grymoire/5021-0000 on behalf of uid 1000

But after I issue the “#” command, the BP disconnects, and never reconnects. For some reason - the mtp-probe daemon never runs when the BP is plugged in.

It has to do with my udev rules. I currently have

SUBSYSTEM=="tty", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1209", ATTRS{idProduct}=="7332", ATTRS{serial}=="123456789012",\
 ENV{ID_USB_INTERFACE_NUM}=="00",  SYMLINK+="buspirate-text", TAG+="uaccess"
SUBSYSTEM=="tty", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1209", ATTRS{idProduct}=="7332", ATTRS{serial}=="123456789012",\
 ENV{ID_USB_INTERFACE_NUM}=="02",  SYMLINK+="buspirate-binary", TAG+="uaccess"

[Edited]
If I execute

systemctl restart systemd-udevd.service

I no longer have to reboot. I think the problem with my rules is that the BP is sometimes a TTY device and also a MTP (media transfer protocol) device.
The odd thing is I changed the rules March 30 and haven’t had a problem until the new file sync code was inserted.

1 Like

Here’s a fresh compile from ‘main’: "Recognizable serial name and disk label

Added command to set disk label.
Changed serial name and default disk label"
ci-buspirate5-main-f249c75.zip

Build time: 44.14 seconds

Git pull log @f249c75:
Updating c667f1f…f249c75
Fast-forward
commands.c | 3 ±
commands/global/disk.c | 85 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
commands/global/disk.h | 3 ±
commands/global/h_help.c | 1 +
fatfs/ffconf.h | 2 ±
pirate/storage.c | 8 ++±-
pirate/storage.h | 4 +++
translation/base.h | 4 +++
translation/bs-ba.h | 4 +++
translation/en-us.h | 4 +++
translation/en-us.json | 4 +++
translation/pl-pl.h | 4 +++
translation/zh-cn.h | 4 +++
usb_descriptors.c | 2 ±
14 files changed, 126 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

Here’s a fresh compile from ‘main’: “delete bugfix”
ci-buspirate5-main-b1e8b90.zip

Build time: 37.7 seconds

Git pull log @b1e8b90:
Updating f249c75…b1e8b90
Fast-forward
ui/ui_term.c | 10 +±-------
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)