I added a 1-Wire PIO-based example from github to the firmware, and modified it to work through the Bus Pirate’s buffer. It’s kind of working, there’s a transmission glitch in like 90% of the tests. I’m tracking this down now.
1-Wire is kind of a monster project because there’s no end of helpful things to make it less of a pain in the neck to work with.
The reset command was cutting off the final bit of the transmit. I added a wait for idle and it seems solid now.
Still a long ways to go, but at least the hardware is working.
Will test tomorrow. Ive already got 4 1-wire temp probes hung.
1-Wire mode is working and enabled in the latest auto build.
Next I’ll add some useful macros because 1-Wire can be a beast to work with.
It also makes sense to add a 1-Wire slave mode for debugging smart buttons and other simple ID number devices (and definitely not for stealing laundry service in a 2000s era dorm).
I managed to add the 1-Wire ROM search. It’s not really useful without it.
Update: added list of devices to ROM search.
Update 2: added macro (2) to read a single DS18B20 temperature sensor (uses skip ROM command so more than one device won’t work)