Pull Requests - bus pirate 5 firmware

Just as a note - there are 3 PRs up at this point in time:

• #51 - looks to be dealing with cleanup by removing old micropython code as well as updating the freq.pio to have a simpler loop - there’s some other stuff at the end that I’m not a PIO expert on :slight_smile: (@phdussud)
  • #52 - cleaning up the array init for the msc_disk to have far less zeros in the source file (@henygab)
  • #53 - pagination for help and hex commands

Cheers!

… and add draft PR #54 - Enable USB serial number.

Although it’s straightforward, and I’ve enabled similar USB serial number changes in other open source projects, I marked this PR as a draft, pending receipt of my BP5. Review and/or testing is welcome. I will change to non-draft after testing…

Thank you both. Reviewed and merged all but the pagination, which I am testing on a new branch.

Sorry for the delay - I… lost a battle with a zombie and ended up away from keyboard for a week and a half.

In light of this kind of issue - I’d really like give some of the active contributors access to the git so it doesn’t hinge on a single point of failure (me). Would anyone be interested? Do as much or as little as you like, no obligations, more an emergency contact kind of situation.

May I use email to discuss this in private? If so, please PM your preferred email to discuss this. Otherwise, perhaps a live voice call via Discord at a pre-determined time? My discord username is … obvious (I do not try to obscure my identity).

(For live discussions, I can be available UTC 17:00-18:00, or UTC 01:00-10:00)

I’d be happy to offer up assistance as needed and happy to support in any way possible

That’s neat … but it looks like it generated a new PR based on an update to an existing PR … or is that just an artifact of an existing one being in place?

New Pull Request: x is the preferred exit command character
wyattearp/BusPirate5-firmwareDangerousPrototypes/BusPirate5-firmware

test of auto posts on pull request

Created by: DangerousPrototypes

Sorry about the tests. Pull requests will now be posted here automatically.

I’ll add something nicer and also for issues. However, the build server script has become a big mess and I’ll need an afternoon to rework it - which won’t happen soon :slight_smile:

New Pull Request: QoL changes … for consideration
henrygab/BusPirate5-firmwareDangerousPrototypes/BusPirate5-firmware

There are some substantive improvements around inter-core messaging.
This PR is intended as a DRAFT, to allow easier review/commenting.

• Helper functions for inter-core messaging add ~136 bytes to flash. The inclusion of a counter byte in the ICM value was responsible for only ~8 of those bytes, and seems efficiently optimized by the compiler.
  • Restricting invalid values being set from configuration only added ~8 bytes(!) to flash.
  • Change to C23 appeared to have zero impact to compiled size.
  • Lots of comment-only changes
  • Lots of formatting-only changes
  • A few TODO/BUGBUG items noted (but not addressed)

Created by: henrygab

New Pull Request: QoL changes … for consideration
henrygab/BusPirate5-firmwareDangerousPrototypes/BusPirate5-firmware

There are some substantive improvements around inter-core messaging.
This PR is intended as a DRAFT / Untested changes, primarily to allow easier review/commenting/discussion.

• Helper functions for inter-core messaging add ~136 bytes to flash. The inclusion of a counter byte in the ICM value was responsible for only ~8 of those bytes, and seems efficiently optimized by the compiler.
  • Reduced precious RAM usage by 16 bytes
  • Restricting invalid values being set from configuration only added ~8 bytes(!) to flash.
  • Cannot seem to get CMake to require C23… sigh.
  • Lots of comment-only changes
  • Lots of formatting-only changes
  • A few TODO/BUGBUG items noted (but not addressed)

Created by: henrygab

New Pull Request: x is the preferred exit command character

test of auto posts on pull request

Created by: DangerousPrototypes

New Pull Request: Fix pause (help) screen output - #35

Attempting to address the help not fitting on the screen and the same sort of thing when using the hex command.

Tested as follows:

• used standard putty terminal, min, max → help pages on any key
  • used standard putty terminal, min, max → hex pages on any key, quits on q x

I’m sure this isn’t perfect, but I figured it’s easier comment on code when it exists :slight_smile: - any feedback is appreciated

NOTE: it appears in one of my commits the line-endings didn’t get ignored – suggest checking that drop-down on the review page to make it easier to look at (sorry!)

Created by: wyattearp

Seems I need to filter pull hooks by action, sorry about the dupes.

New Pull Request: Updated button_irq_callback to discern between long and short button presses
jrelo/BusPirate5-firmwareDangerousPrototypes/BusPirate5-firmware

Updated button_irq_callback to handle RISE and FALL(press and release). Added button_long_exec() in button_scr.c. . Added logic in pirate.c to run bulong.scr instead of button.scr on long press.

Created by: jrelo

1 Like