Firmware development updates

The SIM card and Smart IC card adapter board is available and the documentation is online:

Additionally, I refreshed the documentation for every mode protocol so they have the same style and formatting.

Other adapters in the pipeline:

• Infrared RX/TX
  • Dual RS232 for logging and man in the middle attacks
  • A SMPS board with up to 20vdc output for programming chips that need a high VPP

Open to other suggestions too!

4 Likes

I’ll take one of each, please!

1 Like

The latest firmware has an improved button command thanks to @HEDoRAH!

Different scripts can be assigned to short and long button presses.

There is a known bug in the button command (before this update as well): pressing the up arrow after a button press with send the Bus Pirate into an infinite loop. I’ll get that worked out soon.

2 Likes

The latest test branch firmware has updates to the SUMP logic analyzer with edge triggers and general improvements from @phdussud.

There is also a patched windows pulseview installer that appears to fix the issues of every-other run arriving late.

I’ll do some testing and get this merged into main in the next day or so.

3 Likes

The latest Bus Pirate firmware supports 1Gbit NAND (default) and 2Gbit NAND (upgraded) flash chips thanks to @henrygab.

There may still be test boards with the 2Gbit NAND, or you can get a chip and upgrade your own. Be really careful not to damage the LCD when removing the old chip with hot air.

I’m not sure when/if/how this goes into production hardware yet, but please share a photo if you upgrade your own!

2 Likes